– Bhuvan Shome in Bhuvan Shome
– Bhavani Shankar in Golmaal
– Hirak Raj in Hirak Rajar Deshe
– Maganlal Meghraj in Joy Baba Felunath
– Bhavani Shankar in Naram Garam
– Manomohan Mitra in Agantuk
– Bishu’da in Jana Aranya
– Badri Prasad Sharma in Saaheb
– Jagdish Bhai in Shaukeen
– Hosen in Padma Nadir Majhi
– Thy name of range was Utpal Dutt, possibly the finest actor we have ever seen on Indian screen. The diversity of the characters he has played with such panache and without ever losing a beat or going one note extra is a masterclass of performance for every single actor. There won’t ever be anyone else like him again.
Happy birthday Maestro!