Here comes the Part 2 of the post on how Bollywood stars heavily influenced some of the major fashion trends, specifically what the leading men brought to the table! And I have to acknowledge that listing this down was not as easy as it was for the dazzling divas! (Key Fashion Trends – Bollywood Divas) And its quite possible that there will be some major miss-outs! Glad to note them as recalled…
1. Checkered blazers – Rajesh Khanna – He adorned it in multiple movies and it was the rage of the times just as he himself was. The trend was successfully taken forward by the succeeding superstar in Amitabh Bachchan in multiple 70s movies as well..
2. Talking eyes and That killer baritone (Angry to Brooding to Drunk) – Amitabh Bachchan – From movies of Hrishikesh Mukherjee to Manmohan Desai, those sweeping eyes and voice was the biggest trend ever! *Goosebumps*
3. White trousers with white shoes – Jeetendra – From Himmatwala to Tohfa to Mawali to what not, the jumping Jack kept jumping on those in the 80s rubbish hits!
4. Shoulder length hair – Mithun Chakraborty – Started by Mithun’da and then adorned by Vinod Khanna to Sanjay Dutt, this irritating trend was quite long lasting!
5. The quirky printed shirts – Amol Palekar – The boy next door for Hrishikesh Mukherjee to Basu Chatterjee made this a day to day middle class fashion thing!
6. Baggy colorful pull overs – Rishi Kapoor – The loverboy carried these in elan across all his on screen romances of mid 80s and beyond!
7. Multiple hairstyles – Aamir Khan – Dil Chahta Hai to Ghajini to Taare Zameen Par, no one has experimented with hairstyles like he has, and it has every time caught on with the nation! Perfectionist even with looks!
8. The gotee – Aamir Khan – Dil Chahta Hai – The movie was a trend setter in itself in defining the new age cinema and everything related to production design including costumes, but it will be criminal not to call out the gotee!
9. Funky Aviator shades – Salman Khan – Dabang – Pandey’ji shades and his style of carrying it went viral across the nation!
10. Galaband sherwanis – Rajendra Kumar was the initial trendsetter of this in several of his romantic avatars of the 60s – this was classically revived by Amitabh Bachchan as designerwear in K3G, and stayed on post that!
11. Rimless glasses – Hrittik Roshan – Kaho Na Pyar Hai – Wow! That looked peeping hot and how!
12. Greek God looks – Hrittik Roshan to Fawad Khan – No words, just awe (more for the later)!
13. The French beard – Ranbir Kapoor – Tamasha – The movie was a sham, but the look caught on courtesy the change of personality that one thing could portray in the movie!
14. Cartoon print tees and socks – Ranbir Kapoor – Wake up Sid – Cute, Funky, Energetic, I loved them!
15. The rugged looks – Shahrukh Khan – Chak De India & back again in Dear Zindagi – Give it to the man where he deserves it! Irresistibly appealing!
16. The ponytail – Farhan Akhtar – Rock On! – He made every man feel like a rockstar if he could have it in him to carry one!
17. Funky moustaches – Ranveer Singh – Bajirao Mastani to Padmavati – Its not easy to wear them and still appear extremely sexy, but this man can do it all!