Golmaal directed by the legendary filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee is an all time classic! Arguably the best comedy ever written for the hindi film screen, the film thrives on its brilliant one liners written by Rahi Masoom Raza, so full of unadulterated humor that they can invoke a laugh any time of the day and every single time! They have forgotten to write such films and dialogues now. We also hence do not remember the films of today and their dialogues by heart like that of this classic film!
Of course there were the fabulous performances from Utpal Dutt, Amol Palekar, Bindiya Goswami, Dina Pathak, David, Shobha Khote, Manju Singh, Deven Verma, Keshto Mukherjee and a host of other brilliant actors, together with the terrific music by Rahul Dev Burman and Gulzar who made the experience all the more special! As the film completes its forty glorious years, what else is then the best way to remember this vintage gold, but to recall some of the best one liners from the film, and surrender ourselves completely to the nirmal anand! After all, a day without laughter is a day wasted, and we cannot let that happen for such a milestone day! So let us roll!
- Arre maali! Jiska naam Bhavani Shankar ho woh toh paida hote hi buddha ho gaya!
- Jaise andhe ko andha nahi kehna chahiye, behre ko behra nahi kehna chahiye, waise hi buddhe ko buddha nahi kehna chahiye, isse uske dil ko tthes pohochti hain!
- Khao beta khao.. khaoge nahin to taaqat kaise aayegi.. Aur taaqat nahi aayi to police ki maar kaise sahoge? …… Police ki maar? …… Haan Police ki maar!
- Maaf nahin, main tujhe saaf kar doonga!
- Aap police officer nahin … you are a foolish officer!
- Jiske paas mooch nahin … uske paas mann hi nahin hain!
- Mere pitaji humesha kaha karte the – lambe kapde pehenna bahut hanikarak fashion hai!
- Aur jante ho mere pitaji kya kaha karte the – Bhawani, Jis naujawan ko kaam mein jee lagata dekho … uss naujawan mein apna dil lagao!
- Tumhari shaadi usse nahin hogi jise tum prem karti ho … tumhari shaadi usse hogi jise main prem karta hoon..
- Kaun kambakht kehta hai ki Hitler mar gaya?
- Bade babu – aapne kabhi asli moti dekha hain?
- Jo aadmi apna naam short karde, woh kaam bhi chhota hi karega!
- Kaam karna ho.. to waqt ka muh nahi dekhna chahiye…
- Aaj ka kaam kal karo… kal ka kaam parson… itni jaldi kya hain bete… jab jeena hain barson…
- Mahendar.. main tumhare bachhe ki maa banne wali hoon….. Eeeeshh !!
What are your favorite moments and dialogues from the film? Something that you would want to add to this list? Let us make time to re-watch the classic yet again today! Good things in life need to be celebrated to the fullest!
#40YearsOfGolmaal #AllTimeClassic #VintageGold
Copyright ©2019 Jayashree Chakravarti. This article cannot be reproduced in its entirety without permission. A link to this URL can be used instead.