‘Zindagi in Short’, now streaming on Netflix, has to be amongst the most fresh anthology offerings of recent times, and also the one that tries least hard to be smart or edgy. A set of 7 short films, each under 20 mins, have been directed by a range of filmmakers, and the stories are of different flavours, representative of a multitude of life dynamics, simple to complex. There is a good mix of established to relatively unknown faces here, both in front of and behind the camera.
The filmmakers along with their films and actors are:
- Tahira Kashyap (Pinni – Neena Gupta, Shishir Sharma),
- Punarvasu Naik (Sleeping Partner – Divya Dutta, Sanjay Kapoor, Jitin Gulati),
- Vijayeta Kumar (Sunny side upar – Rima Kallingal, Rytasha Rathore, Nakul Mehta),
- Rakesh Sain (Nano so phobia – Swaroop Sampat, Nidhi Singh),
- Gautam Govind Sharma (Chhajju ke dahi bhalle – Manjot Singh, Aisha Ahmed),
- Smrutika Panigrahi (Thappad – Vedika Nawani, Shafin Patel),
- Vinay Chhawal (Swaaha – Deepak Dobriyal, Isha Talwar)
My personal favourites from this bouquet are Chhajju ke dahi bhalle, and Pinni (what is it with food and me!), while I didn’t enjoy Swaaha and Nano so phobia as much as the rest. Performance wise, Manjot Singh, Neena Gupta, Shafin Patel and Divya Dutta stand out.
Do give it a watch. You won’t be disappointed.
If you like this content, please share the link of this article for further reading.
Copyright ©2021 Jayashree Chakravarti. This article cannot be reproduced in its entirety without permission. A link to this URL can be used instead.